Special Covid-19 Notes:
- Current Pennsylvania regulations require masks to be worn when you leave your home. In the classroom, please leave your mask on until you arrive at your seat and whenever you leave your seat.
- Class sizes have been reduced to promote social distancing. Some classes may be seperated into multiple sections with their own times assigned to reduce the number of students in the center at one time. The material taught will be the same for each section.
- Feel free to bring your own iron and ironing pad if you do not want to share the center's iron.
- Please stay safe and let us know if you have any concerns about the new regulations.
Class Registration and Notes:
- You can register for classes on our website or online store. Please register early to ensure the minimum class size is met.
- If a class is showing as sold out, you can call or email us and we will put you on a wait list.
- Class fees must be paid in full at the time of registration to reserve your spot. We cannot hold a spot for you. Space is reserved on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Class fees are for instruction only and do not include materials for the class unless otherwise noted in the class description.
- Only the person who is registered and has paid for the class will be allowed in the classroom. Please do not bring children, guests, or friends to the class with you.
- Classes will start at the published time so please arrive at least 15 minutes early so you can set up and be ready to go. The building will be open 30 minutes before the class start time.
- If there is nothing scheduled in the classroom after the class ends, please feel free to stay and use the space to continue working on your project until the building closes.
- If you bring your cell phone to class, please put it on vibrate or silent before the class begins.
- Please refrain from wearing perfumes as some people have allergic reactions to scents.
- Spray Basting is NOT ALLOWED inside the Classroom. The fumes may cause some people discomfort and can leave a residue on the furniture and equipment in the classroom. If you must Spray Baste, we require you to do it outside and put a cover over the table before you spray.
- If you bring a drink to class, please use a container with a secure lid to avoid accidental spills.
Class Cancellations & Refunds (if applicable)
- If you are unable to attend the class, you must cancel at least 7 days prior to the class date for a FULL refund or we will be happy to register you in another class.
- If you cancel 4 to 7 days prior to the class date, there is a 50% forfeiture fee.
- If you cancel less than 4 days prior to the class date or do not show up for the class, there is a 100% forfeiture fee and no refund will be issued.
- If we cancel the class due to insufficient registrations or for any other reason, you will be notified that the class has been cancelled and you will be given a FULL refund for the class fee.
- For single day classes, If we reschedule the class due to weather, instructor illness, or any other reason, you will be given the option of transferring your registration to the new date or receive a FULL refund.
- For multiple day classes, we will reschedule the class(es) or, at our discretion, offer a pro-rated refund if the class(es) are not rescheduled.
- No refunds will be given on supplies purchased for a class.
Basic Class Supplies Needed:
- A 72" x 30" table and a task chair will be available for each person in the class. You are welcome to bring your own chair if you want to.
- Sewing Machine in good working order: We do not have any rentals available so you will need to bring an appropriate sewing machine (and your manual) for the class. Help will be available to carry in your sewing machine if you need it.
- Quality sewing thread, bobbins, and needles for your type of sewing.
- Medium sized cutting mat (18" x 24"). This is optional as we do have a cutting table with mat available.
- Rotary cutter
- A dedicated ironing station will be available. Personal irons are not allowed due to electrical limitations.
- Any quilting rulers you may need
- Extra accessories: Scissors, pins, seam rippers, marking pencils, etc
Other Supplies Needed:
- Due to copyright laws, everyone attending the class must have a legal copy of the class pattern or book. No photocopies or sharing of the pattern or book is allowed.
- A supply list for each class will be included in the class description for any class specific supplies needed.
- Gather your supplies a day or two before the class begins so you do not forget anything. There are several quilt shops in the area but we cannot stop the class if you need to run out to get supplies that you have forgotten.
- Some classes may require work to be done prior to the class. This will be noted in the class description and should be completed before the class begins.
Video and Photography Policy:
- Photography of your own work is entirely at your own discretion. Photography of the work of others, including your instructor and classmates is at the discretion of the instructor and classmates. Always ask for permission first.
- When posting photos of others projects on your blog or social media, please credit the maker.
- Do not use videos or photos for commercial purposes.
- Video of your instructor cannot be used or posted online without the express written permission of the instructor.
Terms and Conditions
Release: Attendees assume all risk of property damage, personal harm, illness or injury relating to or resulting from their participating in all events, workshops, and activities at the Academy Retreat Center. Attendees forever release and discharge the Academy Retreat Center, any affiliated organizations, and their respective officers, directors, employees, volunteers, agents, contractors, and representatives (collectively “Releasees”) from any and all actions, claims, or demands that they, their assignees, heirs, distributees, guardians, next of kin, spouse and legal representatives now have, or may have in the future, for injury, death, or property damage, related to (i) participation in these activities, (ii) the negligence or other acts, whether directly connected to these activities or not, and however caused, by any Releasee, or (iii) the condition of the premises where these activities occur, whether or not the attendee participated in the activities. Attendees also agree that they, their assignees, heirs, distributees, guardians, next of kin, spouse and legal representatives will not make a claim against, sue, or attach the property of any Releasee in connection with any of the matters covered by the foregoing release.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT SHALL THE ACADEMY RETREAT CENTER BE LIABLE TO REGISTRANT, ATTENDEE OR TO ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, HOWEVER CAUSED AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE ACADEMY RETREAT CENTER, WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE ACADEMY RETREAT CENTER LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS EVENT OR ANY WORKSHOP EXCEED THE AMOUNTS PAID BY ATTENDEE TO FOR THE SERVICES GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY.
Miscellaneous: This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Pennsylvania, without regard to the conflicts of law provisions of any jurisdiction. To the extent that any lawsuit is permitted under this Agreement, Registrant and Attendee expressly consent to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located covering Littlestown, Pennsylvania.
In the case of Acts of God, war, disaster or unforeseen circumstances, the Academy Retreat Center, reserves the right to cancel and reschedule an event for at a later date.
The Academy Retreat Center reserves the right to cancel an event due to any unforeseen circumstances. In this event, Registrant will be notified and given the opportunity to request a refund of the monies paid for the cancelled event. In the event that a teacher must cancel due to unforeseen circumstances or illness, the Academy Retreat Center, retains the right to replace that teacher and/or change the event. The Academy Retreat Center reserves the right to limit, restrict or refuse attendance or participation in Academy Retreat Center events to any person, business or representative thereof.
If a court or other body of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of this Agreement, or portion thereof, to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to effect the intent of the parties, and the remainder of this Agreement will continue in full force and effect.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: BY REGISTERING FOR AN ACADEMY RETREAT CENTER EVENT, THE REGISTRANT AND ANY ATTENDEE AFFIRMS THAT HE, SHE OR IT HAS READ, ACKNOWLEDGED, AND AGREES TO ALL POLICIES AS LISTED ABOVE